venerdì 22 novembre 2013

Let the records play

When the Kingdom comes
He puts his records on 
And with his blistered thumb hits play 

And with the volume up he goes and fills his cup
And lets the drummer's drum take away the pain

Breaking, Forsaken...
What's that you're taking?
Aaw, needing the feeling 
He lets the records play

Should the future dim
A cigarette lights hymn
Vaporized a green light grin

And when the shotglass talks
He knows to listen up
Until he's nice and numb again

Shakened, Awakened
Not one for faking 
Kneeling, his healing
He lets the records play 
There's wisdom in his ways

I been down and I fell so hard and far from grace
I been hurt and I still recall the flaws on her face
I been off, but I'm on, up above my feet, my feet again

Shaken, Foresaken
What's that your taking?
Aaw, needing the feeling
He lets the records play

Shakened, Awakened 
Not one for faking
Kneeling, his healing 
He lets the records play
There's wisdom in his ways

Performed by Pearl Jam

Nessun commento: